Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rock a Bye Baby

Today I attended the funeral of a former co-worker's 1 year old baby boy. As a parent, I can't think of a greater tragedy than to lose a child, especially one so young. The slide show at the beginning of the service showed a beautiful and robust baby that had the face of an angel. I can't imagine how empty his Mother's arms must feel today.I know people say you're not suppose to ask why, but I don't know how you keep from it. One thing I do know is he was a lucky little boy to have been given to such a loving family. I believe the memories he left behind in their hearts and minds will ultimately overshadow any questions they have as to why. May God sing a lullaby of peace to their heart as He rocks their baby goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment