Saturday, December 19, 2009

Heading For The Slopes


We're headed for the slopes! This time tomorrow I'm praying I'll be neck high in clouds of snow. Next to the ocean, nothing speaks of his Majesty like the mountains. Something about being in the mountains makes me feel like I can just reach out and touch the face of God. I wish I could boast of being a great skier, but just the opposite it true. A very good friend of mine claims I ski like a crotchety old lady and he is absolutely correct. You've heard of near death experiences and having your life flash before your eyes.... That's me the entire time I'm skiing. Growing up I was not encouraged to take chances, live risky, or even enjoy life, so doing something like skiing is going way out on the proverbial limb for me. This year I am determined to face my fears as I face the slopes. Besides, the worst thing that could happen would be I could have a face to face meeting with a large tree resulting in me standing in line at the pearly gates. I've always joked that there is a "No Snow Dome" located directly above my head. Year after year I hope and pray for snow and year after year I am disappointed. I'm hoping Keystone is out of "No Snow Dome" network and I have plenty of snow to romp around in. The kid in me is located fairly close to the adult facade I'm wearing and it won't take much snow to make it rise to the top. So if you're in the area, I'll be the adult catching snowflakes on my tongue and making snow angels in the front yard. If you're looking for ski competition you might want to look someplace else, if it's just pure fun you're seeking, jump out of the car and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment