Thursday, November 24, 2016

All I Know

Yesterday poor planning landed me in the eye of the storm which is Walmart. As I attempted to blitz through as quickly as possible, I found myself saying....  "This might require nerve medication, a straight jacket, and a cocktail." Then I remembered that it was time to calm down and remember all reasons I have to be thankful.

I am thankful for salvation, for without it there would be no hope.

I am thankful for grace, for without it there would be no salvation.

I am thankful for my past.... The good, the bad, and the ugly have made me what I am today.... A thankful soul.

I am thankful for my parents, a firm foundation and unconditional love is the beginnings of a happy heart.

I am thankful for my marriage. I love the quote from movie Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade... "Choose, but choose wisely." 35 years ago I did.

I am thankful for my children. Motherhood was truly a dream come true for me. My children  bring me great joy.

I am thankful for my grandchild. There simply are no words to describe how he has completely captivated my heart, and when I have no words, that says a lot.

I am thankful for my job which is simply a pleasure and a blessing.... One I don't take lightly.

I am thankful for my health. The older I get, the more thankful I am.

I am thankful to be able to find the humor in almost anything... Especially myself.

I am thankful for my present. There are a lot of dark paths one can find themselves upon. I've had dark times, dark emotions, but my path has always led me back to the light... For that I am thankful.

There is a line in a song by Matt Wertz, that says.....

"I don't know how your love works,
How it covers me with grace,
I don't know how you swallow all I am, 
when I can't stand my taste.
All I know, is the bleeding in my heart
and the healing of your touch.
All I know, is you gave everything,
So let that be enough.... That's all I know"

I am thankful that when I feel less than, the cross steps in and makes me enough. When I feel betrayed and beaten down, the ointment of his love covers my bleeding wounds. When I feel like a failure, He reminds me that I am a conqueror. When others treat me as if I'm below them, He reminds me that at the foot of the cross, we're all on level ground. When I feel overlooked, He lets me know that He sees me in the wilderness. He sees me in the valley. He sees me through, I may not know everything, but I do know, knowing Him is enough, and for that I am thankful.









No comments:

Post a Comment