Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back to School Prayer


It's back to school time. On the way to work, I passed kids waiting for the school bus. They were decked out in new clothes, shiny shoes, and fresh as a daisy backpacks that have yet to be laden with books, papers, and half eaten candy bars.  There is an elementary school on the corner by my house. Every year I see anxious parents holding hands with their wee ones. My heart aches at knowing they are being set loose in world that can be cruel and harsh. Even though my babies are grown, I want to wrap my arms around those wee ones and shelter them from the bumps and bruises that come with growing up. That being said, I do miss the smell of freshly waxed floors and brand new crayons. Those smells are etched in my memory and will forever make me pause. May our heavenly Father wrap His arms around the wee ones and the not so wee ones as they head back to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment