Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Full Throttle

After being cooped up in the house this winter, Daddy was happy to see spring burst to life offering him the chance to get outside. In the summer he mows his neighbor’s lawn which helps him expend some of his caffeine fueled energy. I’ve seen him mow and if it wasn’t for the fact that he’s behind a mower, you would swear he’s training for a 5K race.  A couple of weeks ago he went to the Honda Shop and had my husband order him a new electric start mower. Yesterday on my lunch hour we picked it up. He was as excited as a little kid and couldn’t wait to get it out of the car and unboxed. When I dropped by this morning for our coffee date, he told me to have Mike come by and show him how to work the levers on the handle. Right before leaving for lunch I got the following text from Mike…

Mike:
“Well we don’t have to worry about whether your Dad’s new mower if fast enough. I showed him how to gently push the hand paddles to go slow and gradually push them more until you have the desired speed. I did a pass with it and then gave it to him. He pushed the paddles all the way in and the mower popped a wheely and took off with your Dad practically jogging behind it! I don’t think the front wheels ever touched the ground all the way down the lawn.”

Me:
“OMG” I replied… “Is he ok?”

Mike:
“Yes he just has to practice throttle control otherwise he has a tomahawk missle with blades.”

That’s my Daddy, he’s  a machine I tell ya.... Full throttle or nothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment