Monday, April 14, 2014

Cherished Friend

Thursday I will say my final goodbye to a dear friend. It is simply impossible to express how deeply she impacted the life of me and my family. She took me under her wing during the darkest period of my life. Her wisdom and unconditional love was the perfect example of having the comfort of Christ in flesh and blood here on earth. It was her influence that caused me to bring my family to the church I now attend resulting in relationships that shaped the future of my entire family. Regardless of how much time passed between our visits, our relationship never dimmed; each time I spoke with her, it was as if no time had passed. She was a mentor in the truest sense of the word. I could pour my heart out to her with no fear of judgment or criticism. Her friendship was a precious and rare gift; one that I will cherish forever. I know her passing leaves a huge void in the lives of all who loved her. I take comfort in the knowledge that the fruit of her life will continue to make a difference in this world through every life she touched. Without a doubt I know she worships around the throne, far from the physical limitations she knew here on earth. With great sadness I say goodbye knowing I will see her again on the other side. I can only pray that I can make a difference to others the way she made a difference to me. Farewell good friend, I'll see you over there.......

Love Jackie

Love Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment