Monday, November 16, 2009

Broken And Unashamed

I'll have to admit that I feel a lot of pressure to be something I certainly am not.... perfect.  At any given moment I can give you a laundry list of ways I feel like I've failed everyone. Over the last couple of years I've struggled with the knowledge that to a large degree I'm not the person I wish I could be, and the realization that I'm probably not the person everyone else believes me to be. Oh wouldn't it be nice to fulfill every ones expectations including your own. The one thing that gives me comfort is knowing that I am exactly who God designed me to be and that includes all the flaws I wish I could erase.  God has been loving imperfect people since the beginning of time. I tend to glamorize my biblical heroes but the common thread throughout the bible is the heart of fallen man and the mercy of a loving God.  Yes, broken and unashamed is how he found me, but mended and fully redeemed is how he loves me... Guess perfect will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment